To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our residents' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions


How do I obtain a building permit?

Answer: A building permit is required whenever a structure is moved into the community, erected, added to, or structurally altered.

  1. Meet with the Administrative Official (Finance Officer) and ask for a Building Permit application.
  2. Complete the application and pay the appropriate fee.
  3. In addition to the application, a site plan shall also be submitted including the following:
    1. A site plan, drawn to scale, showing the actual dimensions and shape of the lot to be built upon, the exact size and location on the lot of all existing buildings and structures, if any, and the exact size and location on the lot of the structure or building proposed to be repaired, altered, erected, or moved.
    2. The location of the said lot with respect to existing rights-of-way and adjacent lots.
    3. Any other information which the Administrative Official may deem necessary for consideration in enforcing the provisions of this and other Ordinances.
  4. The Administrative Official will review your application and forward the application to the Town Board.
  5. Your application may be denied by the Town Board because you may be required to either rezone your property, or obtain a conditional use permit or variance prior to receiving a building permit.